Saturday, May 23, 2009

What Did I say?

One can believe this Tract from Edward Hugh, or One can imagine that the carry trade cannot be maintained without an equivalent proportional Export Trade. I still believe that emerging markets cannot withstand this level of autarky, and inter-trade among themselves will not gain them the growth factors desired. We can be assured that the emerging economies will be much greater affected by high Energy Costs than will the stabilized economies, and gains for these Currencies will quickly disappear as significant elements of their societies face acute Living Conditions. I would key the growth potentials of emerging economies much lower than does Hugh, and name extraneous factors of Poverty within emerging economies as the Cause.

Calculated Risk gives Us graphical display of the impact of the FDIC over the years. Banks have stabilized under FDIC management, though failure has been increasingly of higher Cost. The particular Problem associated with the realm is the exact creation of the Investment Banks. The introduction of the FDIC brought an end to Banks engaging heavily in Investment Banking. This led to the rise of the Investment Banks, whose claim to fame was their independence from the FDIC and its regulations. Everyone wanted their Cake, and the ability to Eat it as well. Now, the Investment Banks are failing in Concept and Operation, just as the Banks continually failed in the 1920s and earlier years. Regulation of Investment Banks will actually only reduce them to regular Banking institutions, and We again do not get to eat our Cake. It might be time to reject the idea of Investment Banking, or send in total back to Wall Street as simple Brokers.

I feel called to contest the findings of Paul Krugman and Felix Salmon on this Issue of Openness in blogging. I never locate my position on any Issue, rarely cite my sources, obfuscate both my Opponents and Readers; generally even confusing myself. I feel very competitive with my fellow Bloggers, basically because I make very little off my Blog. Felix suggests there was once a ‘Golden Age’ of blogging, but I suggest that it was just as big a mess then as now; none of Us actually knowing anything about the medium back then. Blog Services should likely label all Blogs for Content, a simple Reading of Toxic or Non-Toxic. While I commiserate with Paul and Felix about the poor quality of material We must trod through, Journalists were a vital asset back in the Days when they were the only News outlet. I also tire of the all the accreditation I must storm beyond to get to the meat of the message. I hope this establishes my unequivocal position on the Issue in question. lgl

No comments: