Sunday, April 06, 2008

Moral Philosophy

The entire Concept of Compensation amazes myself, who has systemically been ignored for my stellar performance. One should accept the idea that Those allowed to set their own Salary will always possess a highly successful Income, in comparison with Those whose Salaries are set by Others such as myself. It still can get somewhat outrageous when it creates a totally new separate class of aristocracy. There are some measures which can inhibit excessive Pay, but it is the sad fact that such limitations always incite a rise in industrial espionage and Sales of Intellectual Property of Employers by Employees. People infected by the creed of ‘Greed is Good’ (the Business class) have always shown relative poor performance on ethical Tests of any kind, either in Intellectual environment or the real World. I have always preferred a statutory limitation granting Executive bonus share a maximum of 8% of total Profits without reliance on other criteria, realizing the propensity of Executives to represent Losses as Profits under such scenarios.

I find that I fit uneasily in the Profile of the traditional blogger, having had a massive heart attack at age 56, constantly driven by the search for drivel which will interest my Readership. I also deviate from the classic Profile massively, as I do not advertize on my blog, or do I receive any Income from the blog. I write only one Post per day, except if I am in the mood to write a second, and most often provide only shallow analysis to the Day’s events. I made the decision long ago to specifically ignore any scroll list of Readership numbers, consumed with the Thought that it made it easier to accept that many found me boring. The Pressure is there, of course, as Readership loyalty must be rewarded by constant performance, though life would far less complicated if I threw the Computer out of my front window. Maybe I need to find an Employer to get the Incentive to do so, under the famous proviso of ‘Take this Job and Shove It’.

It is an incontrovertible fact that One should find an alternative method of making a Living, but this article stipulates that such an effort is in itself difficult. If a Reader needs extra Cash, he is advised to become a Corporate executive; in the absence of such opportunity, he should attempt to find a good Investment Fund. He should try Working for a Living if all else fails, but I must insist it is not likely to be a Rewarding field; I probably should have procured a Teaching position, but then I would have been in daily confrontation with Faculty and Students better organized than myself (don’t you just hate that!). My only consolation being that the next world will be easier than this one (a matter intensely debated by Those who believe in Hell, but I acclaim that it could not be worse than here!). I have a 31.4% possibility of being wrong about that, but I always was a Gambler about the important issues. lgl

No comments: