Saturday, April 30, 2011

The End

I write this for those few who have maintained consistent watch of this site over the years. I was diagnosed with lung cancer this past week, and will likely not contribute more to this site. I am in Hospice right now, as the combination of low blood flow through the heart and the active nature of cancer rule out any pleasant scenarios for Chemo or Radiation treatments. I wish All well, and that the nature of this blog will be maintained elsewhere by others. lgl

6 comments:

Curt said...

George: Thank you for both your character, and your contributions to the public dialog. You will be missed. - Affection and sympathy from a two time survivor.

Nick Rowe said...

I am very sorry to hear that. My best wishes to you.

Mike Kimel (cactus at Angry Bear) said...

I am very sorry. I hope that you are able to meet the end on your own terms as much as possible given the circumstances.

Unknown said...

Have loved your blog, with great insight and wisdom. I will miss reading you and pondering your thoughts. Your blog will be remembered.
Best wishes

Arnold Kling said...

I will miss your writing, which I have kept up with. My sympathy to you, your family, and your friends.

Patrick said...

So long, and thanks for all the wise words. Say "hi" to Frank Zappa for me if you encounter him after having shucked your mortal coil. You will be missed...