Thursday, August 09, 2007

Blogging and the LAC

Dani Rodrik asks what a blogger owes his Readers, specifically, how he should respond to Comments. The Answer is simple for me, but may be more complex for Others. A Comment which is rational and expressive should be forwarded, whether the blogger agrees with the assessment or not. Commentators have a right to have their Opinions expressed, if the Comment follows the etiquette of the Net. I receive relatively little Commentary, mayhaps this means I am little read, but want to forward all intelligent Opinion and assessments.

I am coming up on my Thousandth Post on this blog within the month. Like most efforts in Life, it is a Decision Time on whether to continue Posting. I throughly enjoy Blogging, and yet this might be a fault, as I have not engaged in serious Writing since I have started blogging on 11/02/2004. Students should realize such a Decision as whether to continue is a common issue, be it concerning a Job, any activity, or even a Relationship. It is always a Personal Issue, and should be approached analytically. The difficulty resides in the sense of loss any long-term activity will engender with discontinuance.

Mark Thoma gives Us an article by Lederman et al, where I find functional difficulty with its Content, but it presents material I believe my Readership should be conversant of its existence. Reordering Latin American economies to Materials recovery and IT labor places the former labor into self-destructive employment as Material resource is used up, and the later labor into a challenging labor market of eventually diminishing labor force. My primary Concern, though, consists of the delay component involved in the creation of domestic markets. Dependence on foreign sources for primary Goods, even though they are initially cheaper, will retard long-term Production Capital and Infrastructure. It is all a Question of where, and in what, should Investment Capital be devoted. lgl

No comments: