Friday, January 04, 2008

The Daily Grind of the Lazy

I am playing hockey today, so will not attempt anything more than mildly serious. Here is a link to the Fitzgerald Piece both of which should be Read. I myself am avoiding labor, after accomplishing a hefty load of Household chores, none of which were done that well. I suppose I should express that the Posts are important because of the absolute lack of Living Standards’ value in paying for increasing Cost benefits for Labor, where the discretionary power of Laborer spending is removed. Workers gain essentially no improvement, while Businesses are allowed to increase the marginal Costs of Benefit provision. Labor simply pays more to stay in the same place.

This Post at Angry Bear amplifies the corruption in the numbers, as Labor Participation is in a most definite decline. The Household Survey states there has been a 436,000 drop in employment over the last year. Actual Take-Home Wages have been relatively stagnant, while the Employment numbers have been dropping. One has to examine whether the common criteria for definition of an Recession are effective; Some (Me) could claim We have been in a Recession for over a year. My loyal Supporters of Defamation of Character should be served by this short Post, so I sleep without guilt, and attempt some solid advice tomorrow. lgl

No comments: