Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Fast-Forward Tax System

I am probably the wrong individual to come out against this FDA decision, but there it is cluttering up my day. The reason I am the wrong one comes from my long advocation for turning Food crops into Perennials, thereby cutting out one of the most expensive Steps in Agriculture to a substantial degree. My problem with the FDA decision resides in its rejection of the process of Natural Selection. Cloned animals takes the chosen animals from the process, repeating a locked genetic strain over and over, the rationale for Production in the first place. The trouble comes the process also rejects the natural construction of Immunities within Nature, not only in the animals, but also with the Consumers of the Product. This freezing one aspect of the Natural Selection process could cost Us some essential Amino Acid at some future point.

Alex Tabarrok seems destined to challenge the hallowed American tradition of Freedom of the Roads. It is not him alone, as Many at the Local and State levels of Government find the Work fascinating as a Means to cancel one extreme Expense from their budgets. I personally detest Toll roads, as much for the congestion at Toll booths as anything, a national transference to Toll Roads could cost Us an additional 2% of Fuel Costs, due to the heavy fuel consumption of altering Speeds. Alex’s suggestion of monitored Charges utilizing GPS technology lands close to the National Identity Card Issue, and I am also somewhat unhappy about that element. I think I would prefer a new Vehicle tax upon Sale, based upon expected Fuel consumption and the Cost of maintaining Roadways. The only element I am happy with is my expectation that total Travel by Americans will decrease by 12% over the next decade, as my fellow Americans discover the joy and Savings of staying relatively stationary.

This Piece from Eddy Elfenbein comes by way of Greg Mankiw, who should be read for the Indictment of the Fed; I would not scream at them, except for my Thought it was the initial tampering with the Fed funds rates which got Us here today. The Elfenbein Piece wants more complication than the Flat Tax, and compiles his Reasoning in mathematical form. I still prefer a simpler Tax, but based upon criteria other than a Flat Tax. I would see a complete elimination of all Tax Deductions or Reductions of any type, with Tax rates set by averaged Expected Costs of each Income tax rate group. It would nullify Need for all that intricate Bean-Counting, but still shaft the Taxpayer. Some, like Elfenbein, would claim the lack of Foreplay was rude. lgl

No comments: