Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Oh Crappy Day!

Sorry for the inconvenience of the late Post; Words cannot define the Day, simply that I lost my Cable network yesterday, and most of this Day was spent in its retrieval. It did not help that a friend had to travel great distance to meet the requirements of a health Insurer; I being stuck with Babysitting the family dog. All’s Well that Ends Well–but it all ended on a Sour Note. At least the Whole did not threaten to extend into the Morrow, so maybe I should be called Happy.

Ben Bernanke truly does amaze me, to the point that he has abandoned any impulse to control Inflation. He has already taken numerous Options making it difficult to avoid double-digit Inflation; now, he is attempting to make it a Surety. What bothers Me is the fact that no Stimulus or fiscal policy will reverse the Downturn, and neither Democrat or Republican suggests anything which would not worsen the Situation. I will not argue the necessity of a Recession–it is coming anyway! I am saying that current American business practice must alter to meet those economic conditions, and that both Stimulus and Tax Cuts proposed will only hinder in that alteration.

The worst debate I have heard came from CNBC, where the limitation on Executive salaries was the Topic. The general Thought was the Bailout limited these Salaries, and that such Executives would find Employment elsewhere in the World. My first Thought was that it might be best if We could unload these overpaid Losers on Someone else. The second Thought I had was the fact that Executives are paid more in the United States than anywhere else, and Good Luck to any of them looking for a better-paying Job. My third Thought became why should We worry about 4000 thousand individuals who have almost 200,000 qualified replacements. Their only claim to fame being some experience, the later of which showed more incompetence than swift appraisal of profitable opportunities. lgl

No comments: