Saturday, July 07, 2007

Michael Moore gave Us the movie ‘Sicko’, and the Internet brings the Charges against it. I first must say I have not seen the movie, and have no intention of doing so; I am into Action flicks, and do not even trace the economic significance inside the Plots–like Bryan Coplan sometimes does. Here I suppose you think I will present some advocacy or denial for a Single-Payer Health Care system. You would be wrong, the gist of this Argument traveling further afield.

I refer you to this article in the NYTimes. Here resides some indication of the substance of my argument. Jodi Rell, Governor of Connecticut, vetoed a State bill to allow the Comptroller of the State to change Accounting rules utilized on State Budgets. The desire behind the Bill was relatively common to American society: Deny disliked Results by changing the Rules. I don’t want to insinuate any criminality, but the Bush administration and the Corporate World in general has long been acquiring a smell similar to dead fish. It seems like every Reportage Date tends to be matched with a brand-new economic model.

Somewhere inside this information lies my Subject; but I am not positive, as I also have a tendency to alter the Rules of Engagement. Confusion seems to be popular amidst the Math elites; at least Those who are employed to produce glowing Reports. I could refer to the current Employment numbers, but would rather pursue any numbers on a decrease or increase in the Employment Participation rate. The current Standard, I believe, is that if One passes beyond the proscribed Number of Weeks of Employment Insurance; One has ceased Employment Participation–whether Voluntary or not. I actually have not researched these Participation rate numbers for a long time, and really wonder if the Trend expressed earlier in the Bush administrations have remained consistent. Maybe I should look, but like all things believed depressing in nature; I will await some esteemed Economist to take notice. Back to whatever purpose this Post has: Numbers do not lie, unless you rework the models! lgl

No comments: