Thursday, May 21, 2009

Did I actually Write this?

I read this article, and ask myself if I want the new autos to have any new Add-Ons or Add-Offs. I decided I wanted nothing to make Americans more uncomfortable in their in their car seats, so I thought that redesign of the Seat belts which are practically Standard would be nice. I conceived of a Static modulator which would proscribe Cell-phone use within the vehicle confines. I dreamt of Sound isolation of Rear Seat from Front, so the phrase of "Are We there yet?" would endure the dishonorable death that it deserved. Then I woke up and turned to the Practical. It was at this point that I came up with a real initiative, which would be intermittent transmission of Vehicle ID and Mileage to roadside receivers, which information could be transmitted to Taxing agencies to withdraw regular amounts of tax from an draft Account which a Driver would be required to maintain with minimum balance.

I immediately deduced I wanted a $.02 per mile federal Tax coming from these Accounts to pay for Road construction, then I thought that these Accounts should pay all State and Local Toll charges so that the periodic Slowing and Speeding of Traffic could be avoided. I decided that there would be a real Problem with Accounts not kept filled with funds; so I envisioned an additional Beeper set off by Roadside transmission in autos where Drivers did not keep the Accounts stuffed with Cash, with a nice sensible fine of $50 for the lack of funding plus Proof of Account fill, else the Beeper again sound in 7 Days. My evil Side enjoyed the Thought that Many would be caught Short, dampened only a little by the Thought I would probably be One of Those caught.

My imagination really went into Overdrive at this point, and I conceptualized a ‘No Fault’ Insurance program whose finance would be the same little Transmitters broadcasting the current mileage of the Vehicles, the Cost distributed to Drivers in the form of a Tax upon mileage driven per Taxing period. I thought of the lack of financial award for animosity, replaced with only durative Cost of Injury. I remembered the persistent attempts of Tax avoidance through disablement of the Transmitters, and decided on Patrol Car test capacity, and a $1000 Fine if the Unit was not transmitting properly. I began to compile the huge Cost of these Transmitters which I desired to be Plug-Ins easily purchased by Drivers to avoid follow-up fines, and decided that Plug-In Wiring and Transmission units would even cost about $25. I finally rested on the First Day, knowing I had earned the hatred of my fellow Drivers; one of the hellion Costs of Road Rage. lgl

No comments: