Saturday, March 01, 2008

To Have and Have Not!

More representative centers of mathematical coagulation seem like a Winner to me. Now, if only some bright Economist good at Math would organize a parameter outline for likely Investment outcomes per industry, We could get actually relevant Read-Out values for Tech capitalization. I could also Thank Mark Thoma for the link, something I do not do for him all too often; I want him to understand I am thinking of him even if my Readers are not. Math for me is one of those foreign languages with the facility of most Americans in Paris. This new centroid organization will not only identify likely Gene constructions, but potential Profits for specific investment; that is, if the Numbers don’t start lying to me again!

My favorite Investment which I have always avoided, seems to be in trouble again. The municipal bond market has always appeared a Winner, because they are always somehow repaid, and have some interesting Interest rates. The trouble comes in the unreliability of Bond ratings, a history of Interest and Principal payment delays, and some coerced refinancing demands. There is not as much Interest reduction fiats as once held sway, but they absorb Money far faster than they repay it. The market is basically in trouble in the fact that Investors want both high liquidity and surety of repayment in a timely manner. High Interest rates seem unlikely to find significant numbers of bidders for the Instruments.

Mark Thoma again got me interested in a Paul Krugman Draft (pdf) on Trade and Wage Inequality. The first Part of his Four-Part study made me consider the implications far more than the Introduction or the Conclusion. The United States is losing Trade Advantage far faster than imagined, and Wage stagnation holds greater danger with a loss of value in the Dollar. Trade Goods are growing in Price irrespective of American labor productivity, truly a very dangerous Sign. We are finding American industry supplanted by lower-Cost foreign industries; and while this conforms to Short-term Economic and Business interests, it spells disaster to the American Consumer in the Long-term. America needs a new industry, all bright with foreign envy in that they cannot compete with American provision. Many Economists would disagree with that sentiment, but wait until We have $5/gallon Gas. lgl

No comments: