Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Truth in Lending--You figure it out!

Here is access to Studies which might interest my younger Readers, though I will say that I have always been an advocate of internal Self-Discipline as the basic mechanism for success. Modern Education hopes to rescue the low flyer, rather than promote the high flyer, and defeat Incentives in the Process. I would advocate Grading strictly on the Curve rather than the current Advantage-Access, and begin Incentive programs from the lowest Grades. I believe three States are now trying experimental programs to pay poor families Income for their children achieving good Grades; something I believe which provides an education to Adults as well as the Children, as the Former seek to maximize their Income. A last Note I would describe outlines the functional value of educating Children in the values of Education before turning to the actual practice of education itself. I knew an Indian Reservation Superintendent who designed a Lecture series of the advantages of advanced Education and Good Grades for 2nd Graders, which followed later Adults’ Income based on Grade School scores (I did not agree with her Modeling system which was deceptive, but it was quite effective especially with one Parent in attendance; I not knowing the impact upon later Student Grade scores).

The St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank has selected James B. Bullard to replace William Poole, who is retiring after 10 years in office as President of the Fed Bank. I am not privy to the Politics at this Reserve Bank, or on the Federal Reserve nationally, but pressure may have built to replace Poole, who has been a relative Maverick on the national Reserve Board. Bullard sounds like he is a Team Player, with little to indicate he would represent the known Conservative use of Reserve policy, which Poole has long been known to advocate. I do not believe that Fed policy is best served by eliminating Dissent from the Federal Reserve Board. We could come to regret the losses incurred by a switch towards Consensus of Board membership.

This smells of my more laudable efforts. I expect I am luckier than John Whitehead in lacking such an acute Readership. You can get away with so much more, when no one trusts what you say anyway! I would have brought up a digression into a discussion of the greater Risk, rather than what John Whitehead did; apologize for an honest mistake with the flair of a true gentleman. By the way, switch of Risk into Dollar Cost of Reconstruction always presents ‘yellow journalism’ escape from particularly nasty Criticism. lgl

No comments: