Thursday, November 15, 2007

Doing Things Wrong???

Some of my people may be somewhat angry for my yesterday’s advocation of buying JC Penney stock as a hedge against Inflation. It first expresses how reliable I am as a Stock Analyst, and second, I think the heavy Players are wrong and Investors should buy counter-cyclical to the Market. I still think that Penney Stock were better $5 per share for the year, which is better than 10 percent at current Market price. It does highlight the fact that I should not be treated as a Guru capable of solving Anyone’s problems, including my own.

It is sad to learn that I owe myself $10 million because of Smoking, especially as I spent so much to do it in the first place. The Paper states the Tobacco Tax should be increased by 2675%, a minor effect of making it more expensive than Driving a vehicle at current Prices. Viscusi and Hersch, to get these Numbers, had to ignore every other source of illness. They might need an additional Course in Counterweight theory. I contend that Petrol fumes comprise an equal danger to that of Smoking, and don’t get me started on Food Additives. I’ll finish with the Statement that the Kids have lost sight of the term: Natural Causes.

Cactus at Angry Bear found this article somewhat disturbing as well he might, though I knew that something of like order was in the Works, due primarily to the accumulation of Debt ratios since 2000, and since 1990. The Cost of Consumption has been increasing for a long time, defined by the degree of Debt raised–holding Wages around a Inflation-related increase level. The Effect, if found to be true, indicates that the Consumption-Now philosophy in America, propelled by American Advertising, not only artificially raised Consumption but generated the excess use of Resources. This concentration on Retail Sales, rather than on infrastructure development of Private Sector Manufacturing, will leave Us poorer. lgl

No comments: