Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Fate of the Poor Man

I must ask how many special factors will have to be found, before the economy is back on track. I have been listening to the Bush administration discuss special factors since 2001, until I reached the point where I am confused about what usual practice consists. The most important number in the article is 185,000 more people stayed on Unemployment than the Week before, meaning either the economy was offering less Jobs, or experienced Workers could not afford to accept the Salary Cuts of the offered Jobs; the later is somewhat worse, announcing that high-end Wage labor is getting the bounce. The next lame duck of a crisis may be the Credit-Card Financial debacle. When did We reach the Point of declaring the Economy is well, if the One-Percenters are still not laid-off? Side point: Did Anyone notice that the Hollywood Stars are beginning to enter foreclosure proceedings?

This Piece suits my temperament this morning, as it will be a day filled with Maintenance Costs for myself. I am sure that those Costs will all be higher this month than last encountered, so I will probably go Grocery shopping after I feel like a Poor man. Misery loves Company, but I wonder if it was wise to include the entire World in Our distress. Rumor says that American GDP hit 2% growth in the 2nd Quarter, though Everyone is hard put to find where it came from, other than Inflation. I would sincerely enjoy data on the average Credit Card debt held by Households; if it is substantially higher from January than the Inflation Cost increase, We are really in trouble. I do not want to discuss this, it making me want to go back to Bed.

This One absolutely ruins my Day, as it is a Statement that Small Business suffers from a distinct lack of Sales. Customers are paying higher Prices for slower Delivery of inferior product. Does it not warm the cockles of your heart? Life in America has descended from a luxury Cruise line, to a Tramp Steamer; the amenities are beginning to disappear. I know religious people who are dropping Church from the agenda, as Gas prices and tithing procedures makes even God too expensive (I can’t find the figures now, but expect even the cheap Bibles to cost about $16 apiece). How is a Man supposed to escape when Beer is $2 a bottle? lgl

No comments: