Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Shame, Shame!!

I find some justice in a George W. Bush Sewage Plant, like Mike Shedlock. I could get nasty, and find the Name ‘Processing George W. Bush Plant’ more apt; the Events in Question, though, are best left to be evaluated as the Problems they are, without the Late Night Comedy. Time will outline that Bush did some things right, and many things wrong. What worries me is the Leftovers from the Bush administration which cannot be removed because of implanted opposition. The Tax Cuts need to drift into history, but will not. Privatization of Social Security and Medicare have both proven a failure, costing the American Taxpayer far more than the original programs; still, the medical lobbies will never let them Rest in Peace. Iran and Afghanistan Wars may eventually be considered the least of the Bush Crimes against the American People.

China is subsidizing Exports and working hard to hide that fact. A new Paper advertized here studies China’s attempt to eliminate Subsidies to meet their WTO commitment. China admits to the provision of $2.4 billion in Subsidies in 2005. There may be no central planning in the usage of Subsidies, but I am a suspicious man; especially with the high growth rates China has been experiencing with massive Export growth. I could believe that much of the Subsidies granted to State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs) consists of underpinning of low Cost materials to Exporting industries, until such industries win a significant World Market share. Such a Reality would not be kosher, or in conformance to WTO guidelines.

King claims that the McCain economic plan is a Start? It seems more like ‘Let Everything go on, until the Country falls apart.' Of course, the Obama Plan is not likely to do anything either. I could try to shame Candidates into proposing something New and efficient. I know the Campaign Pledge I would use:

Vote for Me, and I will guarantee you a 2% Surtax on all Taxes paid to the IRS. This I will assure will eliminate the Deficit, even if I have to impose higher marginal tax rates later to accomplish Same.

It might work, especially if I spiked the Punch outside Voting Booths. lgl

No comments: