Friday, October 02, 2009

The reality of modern life

I sit here this morning utterly frustrated by the factor that my cable server moves like some of my friends in a local Rest home. It takes forever to access anything, and it reminds me of the horror of relying on small pieces of metal flying around in a Space populated by debris and Solar flares. I imagine that the difficulty is much more local and closer to home, but cannot tell as there is failue in attaining my news sources. I do know there is a lack of backup systems in Technology throughout the World, and that someday We will pay for that lack. Difficult will become Disaster Someday, bloody Someday. My only Hope consists of the desire that it really not be bloody.

I cast around for material to write about where there is no news source, and think I should turn to something about economic theory. My thought processes turn to consideration of the mandatory conditions necessary to establish a Market. The traditional theory holds that you need only Buyers and Sellers, along with some common medium of exchange. The altered perception states there must be sufficient Sellers, and/or Buyers, that not one Buyer or Seller can alter the flow pattern of competition for each Good. The altered, altered perception states that every Buyer and Seller must effect the Market, in order for there to be a market; this means that anytime the desires of Buyers or Sellers are nullified, then there is no market, only a Price schedule set by forces outside a normal market structure. Then there is the philosophically dire belief that such constraints are actually normal market behavior (I pray for their poor Souls).

An unknown philosopher once stated his doubt as to the morality of morals; he unknown because of everyone’s inability to comprehend such drivel. It might have some bearing in the case of markets, because every market position stands reflective of the economic power of the Participant. Inflicting model behavior on the market consists of a monopoly position in itself, denying the economic sway of some of the Participants. Readers can understand the difficulty of establishing the moral high ground for markets; and all this is before consideration the successful operation of the market. This later success remains mandatory to accurately establish the Reward system which the market is supposed to establish in a proper allocation. Well, I have composed a Note for my Readers, while answering no Questions and offering no Solutions; a relative Good Day, all things considered. lgl

No comments: